I’m gonna tell ya some things you already know. Nothing new, just stuff you’ve heard before.
: You cannot do everything, but you can do something.
We all have our “should do”, “want to do”, “need to do” and “must do” lists, and most of us stress out when we don’t finish everything in a day or a weekend, or even a month. We try to do it all, and fail to do it all, and then we get all pissed-off and frustrated. But, when we realize success is really about having correct priorities, about doing and completing those things that matter most at the moment, we’ll begin to rest easier, accomplish more, and actually find enjoyment in the tasks and the toils.
Prioritize your list(s) according to the following:
- What is the most critical item on your agenda, or what will have the greatest positive impact on you or someone else now, if you do it now?
- What will result in the greatest negative impact if you don’t do it now, if you put it off in favor of other things?
- What item(s) propel you in the direction of your dreams?
- What item(s) stall or push you further away from accomplishing your goals?
- Delete stuff that matters little in the grand scheme of your current ambitions, or shift them to a list of non-consequentials that can be dealt with later.
- Whatever remains, do it; work the golden list to completion.
There ya go. TGIOF.